Sergeant Mark St.Hilaire
Mark is a 29 year veteran police officer currently working as a police street and station supervisor in a busy police agency in a Metro-west suburb of Boston, Massachusetts.
- He has personally experienced and suffered through the effects of critical incidents, trauma, the day in-day out grind of serving the public, the internal politics, and the perception of administrative betrayal and the scrutiny of our roles as public servants.
- He is an advocate for peer counseling and professional emotional health counseling.
- He is a volunteer police peer assistant to several regional C.I.S.M. teams. He is passionate about public safety health and emotional wellness including suicide prevention education.
- He continues his training in health and emotional wellness training for public safety professionals.
- He has secured grant funding for various public safety wellness training programs and policing initiatives within his agency and throughout Massachusetts.
- He maintains an active network with various professionals and organizations throughout the U.S. and around the world.
- He is a wellness writer for The New England Police Benevolent Association newspaper; and on-line with Law Enforcement Today and Cops Alive.
- He is a member of ILEETA-The International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association
- He has made presentations before public safety conferences and in-service training sessions.